Terms Of Service of the Extranet for Afnic members
Latest update: 05/06/2018
A non-profit association under the law of 1901, the French Network Information Center (Afnic or the Association), consists of Members as defined in its Articles of Association.
This Extranet ("Extranet") is an area opened by Afnic and dedicated exclusively to Members and to any person wishing to become a Member for the purpose of:
- Applying to become a Member. Through your membership, you will be able, as a Member, to take part in the life of the Association and its analysis of the development of the Internet in France. To join, simply click on "I wish to join", fill in the mandatory fields of the membership form, and send the payment of your membership fee.
- Invite Members to participate in the consultative committees - the main forum for exchanges between Afnic and its members on its orientations, the market, the legal framework, the technical developments and services - as well as thematic working groups, training courses and many events.
- Consult Afnic publications, the reports of its proceedings and international events.
- Access the Members Directory, and a dedicated Member contact.
- Renew your membership online.
Account: means a personal and individual account. This account allows the visitor to become a User of Extranet services such as: applying to become a Member, paying the membership fee, accessing content made available to Members and the Members directory.
Extranet: means the present "members.afnic.fr" website on which the User may benefit from the Services.
Service:means all the features of the Extranet, and in particular:
- Applying to become a Member.
- Administering your Account.
- Managing your bills, membership and membership fees.
- Accessing events that Members may attend.
- Accessing content for Members according to the category they belong to.
- Accessing the Members Directory.
User: means any physical or corporate entity having access to the Extranet.
The present general conditions of use of the Extranet constitute the conditions of use of this Service only on the technical level and do not constitute as such the Association's membership conditions or rules, with which the Users acknowledge they are acquainted.
The Extranet is accessible, at the address https://www.membres.afnic.fr, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week all year long, without this constituting an obligation for Afnic.
Afnic reserves the right, without prior notice, to temporarily suspend access to all or part of the service subject to the general terms and conditions of use for technical reasons related in particular to the need to update, modify, and/or maintain the service and in general for any other technical and/or organizational reason.
5. Creating an account
To access the Service, the future Extranet User (applicant or Member) is responsible for opening an Online Account.
During the validation of the membership form, the Account is created when Afnic sends a confirmation email to the email address entered by the User in the membership form. This confirmation email communicates the login credentials to the Account.
The Account will be deleted in particular in the following cases:
- At the request of the User.
- For an application for membership not accompanied by the payment of the corresponding fee.
- On loss of membership.
- For any problem involving the use of the Account incurring or liable to incur the responsibility of its User.
6. Password and Security
Users are solely responsible for any access, consultation or use of their username and password and the consequences that may result for them or for third parties.
Users have sole responsibility for keeping the username and password allocated to them and ensuring the confidentiality of same.
Users agree to take all the necessary measures to ensure the aforementioned confidentiality.
Users agree to immediately notify Afnic of any loss, omission or disclosure to third parties of their password.
This notification must be sent to Afnic and confirmed by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
Afnic is the exclusive owner and has all the authorizations required to disseminate and/or reproduce all and any of the items accessible via the service, including, without being limited to, the trademarks, designs, models, images, texts, photos, logos, corporate identity, software, search engines and databases. The User as a Member has the right to use the "Afnic Member" logo. As part of this use, the Member shall refrain from any act or activity likely to harm the image and/or rights of Afnic.
8. Agreement on Evidence
Users agree that all of the connection items, traces and logs related to the use of the service will be considered as evidence of same.
Afnic will make every effort to ensure the security of the service but does not in any way guarantee same.
Afnic makes every effort to ensure that the Service is accessible, but cannot be held responsible for errors, lack of availability of information and/or the presence of a virus on its site.
Users hereby acknowledge they have verified that the IT configuration they use contains no viruses and is in perfect working order.
Users acknowledge that use of the service is under their sole responsibility.
In particular, as part of the Use of the Service, the Users undertake to strictly respect:
- The confidentiality of documents made available to them as Members of the Association.
- The confidentiality and security of the personal data to which Users have access. Any infringement of same will result in the criminal liability of their perpetrator.
- The purpose of the Extranet, open space for Members for the exclusive benefit of the Association.
- Afnic cannot be held responsible for the relationships and/or exchanges between Users.
11. Personal Data
Afnic only collects personal data when necessary in a proportional way relevant to the purposes defined in accordance with the provisions in force for the protection of personal data and, in particular, of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 applicable from 25 May 2018.
We invite you to consult all the detailed information on the processing of personal data carried out by Afnic on the website, on your rights and their implementation by consulting the document: My data and Cookies.
Users are obliged to respect the legal framework relating to the protection of personal data, infringements of which are liable to penal sanctions. In particular, users must refrain from collecting or misusing the personal data which they may or do access, and generally, refrain from any act to collect or misuse data that is liable to infringe upon an individual’s privacy or reputation.
Users recognize that, in order to ensure the normal operation, maintenance and security of the Extranet, Afnic may analyze and control the use of the Extranet as well as the exchanges and data of Users.
These checks are carried out in compliance with the applicable legislation, as well as the confidentiality and privacy of Users.
For these purposes, Afnic may, where appropriate:
- Access the information necessary for the diagnostic and administration of the Extranet by scrupulously respecting the confidentiality of the aforementioned information and striving not to alter it;
- Conduct the necessary investigations to ensure the smooth operation and security of the Extranet; Afnic will not disclose the information brought to its attention during these investigations, unless the disclosure of same is made necessary when a case of hacking or intrusion occurs, or any problem causing a malfunction; in such cases, Afnic may explore Users' files and disclose extracts from same to authorized persons;
- Intercept and/or prohibit any flow of information presenting a security risk;
- In the event of a duly recorded infringement, take precautionary measures.
Any User who does not comply with these TOS is liable to have their access to the Extranet deactivated with immediate closure of their Account, without prejudice to legal proceedings.
14. Governing Law
French law is applicable to the rules of both form and substance.
Only French courts will be considered competent to hear any disputes that may arise for any reason whatsoever from these terms and conditions.
Should any provision of these Terms Of Service be deemed null and void it shall not invalidate any other part of the Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect.